Maurine Allison O'Bannon Memorial Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to perpetuate the memory of Maurine Allison O’Bannon at Kansas State University. This legacy provides $1000 to undergraduates and to graduate students who are degree seeking at K-State and enrolled in Division of Continuing Education courses.
- Postmark Deadline – Fall Semester Award: April 1
- Postmark Deadline – Spring Semester Award: November 2
- Note: Recipients of this scholarship may reapply for subsequent years.
- The student must be 25 years of age or older, and returning to school after a lapse in his/her education.
- Accepted in a K-State undergraduate or graduate degree program offered through the Division of Continuing Education
- Enrolled in a minimum of 3 credit hours in K-State Division of Continuing Education courses during the semester he/she receives the scholarship.
- Undergraduate students shall have a 2.5 GPA; graduate students shall have a 2.5 undergraduate GPA and a 3.0 GPA for all graduate work.
- Preference will be given based upon financial need.
How to Apply
- Complete application form and submit all application materials by the deadline.
- Submit an essay (two-page minimum) addressing the following:
- Your career goals, your plans toward achieving them and how your degree will help you meet those goals.
- How you have been able to succeed in your academic endeavors.
- Why you need financial assistance in order to continue your academic career.
- Unique circumstances and obstacles you may be facing.
- Submit copies of your undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Provide documentation to establish financial need in the following
- A copy of your most recent Federal Income Tax return or a Tax Transcript. A tax transcript can be obtained through the IRS; allow 5-10 days to receive your transcript. More information can be found at http://www.irs.gov/uac/Tax-Return-Transcripts. Please do not provide your entire tax return.