DCE Scholarship for Distance Education Students
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to distance education students admitted and properly enrolled in Kansas State University distance education degree programs through the Division of Continuing Education. Scholarships are provided in the amount of $900 for undergraduate and $1,200 for graduate students.
- Postmark Deadline – Fall Semester Award: April 1
- Postmark Deadline – Spring Semester Award: November 2
- Note: Recipients of this scholarship may reapply for subsequent years.
- The student will be accepted in a Kansas State University undergraduate or graduate degree program offered through the Division of Continuing Education
- The student will be enrolled in a minimum of 3 credit hours in K-State Division of Continuing Education courses during the semester in which he/she receives the scholarship.
- Undergraduate students shall have a minimum 2.5 GPA; graduate students shall have a minimum 2.5 undergraduate GPA and a minimum 3.0 GPA for all graduate work.
- Preference will be given based upon financial need.
How to Apply
- Complete application form and submit all application materials by the deadline.
- Submit an essay (two-page minimum) addressing the following:
- Your career goals, your plans toward achieving them and how your degree will help you meet those goals.
- How you have been able to succeed in your academic endeavors.
- Why you need financial assistance in order to continue your academic career.
- Unique circumstances and obstacles you may be facing.
- Provide documentation to establish financial need in the following format:
- A copy of your most recent Federal Income Tax return or a Tax Transcript. A tax transcript can be obtained through the IRS; allow 5-10 days to receive your transcript. Please do not provide your entire tax return.