K-State Global Campus Scholarship for Distance Education Students
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to distance education students admitted and properly enrolled in Kansas State University distance education degree programs through K-State Global Campus. Scholarships are provided in the amount of $1,000 for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Postmark Deadline – Summer and Fall Term Award: April 1
- Postmark Deadline – Spring Term Award: November 2
- Note: Recipients of this scholarship may reapply for subsequent terms.
- The student will be accepted in a Kansas State University undergraduate or graduate degree program offered through K-State Global Campus
- The student will be enrolled in a minimum of 3 credit hours in K-State Global Campus courses during the semester in which he/she receives the scholarship.
- Undergraduate students shall have a minimum 3.0 GPA; graduate students shall have a minimum 3.0 GPA for all graduate work.
- Preference will be given based upon financial need.
- Preference will be given to those not receiving tuition reimbursement from their employer.
How to Apply
- Complete the scholarship application form and submit all application materials by the deadline.
- Please note that within the application you will be asked to type an essay (4,000 characters max) addressing the following:
- Your career goals, your plans toward achieving them and how your degree will help you meet those goals.
- How you have been able to succeed in your academic endeavors.
- Why you need financial assistance in order to continue your academic career.
- Unique circumstances and obstacles you may be facing.
- Provide documentation to establish financial need in the following format:
- A copy of your most recent Federal Income Tax return or a Tax Transcript. A tax transcript can be obtained through the IRS; allow 5-10 days to receive your transcript. Please do not provide your entire tax return.
- Electronic documentation via email (PDF format) is preferred but paper documentation will be accepted. Return documentation to:
Scholarship Selection Committee
K-State Global Campus
Kansas State University
Attn: Maleah Lundeen
1615 Anderson Ave.
Manhattan, KS 66502