If you are a distance student, exams for your course can be facilitated several different ways.
Your exams may require a proctor, however some courses do not. Look for an e-mail from the Student and Faculty Services office to see if you are required to find a proctor. In order to accommodate all testers, we ask that the Examination Proctor Agreement be submitted by the proctor as early in the semester as possible. We ask that the student submit the form if they plan on using ProctorU or the Manhattan, KS DCE Testing Center.
Some proctoring services may require a testing fee. Any testing fees will be the responsibility of the student.
- Federal Government Agency (if military personnel are overseas/deployed, we will approve on a case by case basis)
- Testing facility at a University or Community College campus (Please reference the NCTA site for some available options at http://ncta-testing.org/cctc. This list is not an exhaustive list of acceptable testing centers.)
- County Agent (Extension Office)
- Adult Learning Center
- Sylvan Learning Center/Huntington Learning Center (or equivalent)
- Students located in the Manhattan, Kansas area are encouraged to use the DCE Student and Faculty Services testing center.
Or the following at home option:
- ProctorU (at home proctoring service)
- Webcam equipment & testing cost will be at the student’s expense. $22.50 per each 2 hour exam. Information can be found at http://www.proctoru.com/k-state/.
- ProctorU Student Instructions
- *Please note, ProctorU can only be used for electronic exams. Please reference your course syllabus to see how your exams are administered.
Choosing a Proctor
- Proctors who do not fit the above description will be refused.
- Proctors may expect payment for this service.
- Discuss the number of exams and length of each with your proctor, as it requires a time commitment.
- Verify your proctor will be available for all of your exams.
- Your proctor must agree to return exams in a timely manner.
After Finding a Proctor
- Complete the Exam Proctor’s Agreement
- Submit your proctor form before classes begin. Failure to do so will slow your course progression.
- Confirmation will be sent to you and your proctor upon approval.
Students in the Manhattan, Kansas Area
The Student and Faculty Services can proctor your exams in our testing center at no charge. Your exam appointment must be made in advance by phone at the number below.
Student and Faculty Services
Testing Center Location: 146 College Court Building
Phone: 785-532-5575 or toll free 1-800-622-2KSU
* White U-shaped building next to the Holiday Inn, come to the center courtyard, find us at doors C and D.