Before you apply to the distance program in early childhood education, you should have completed at least 30 college credits including the following courses:
- Math 100* with a grade of C or higher
- STAT 325 * with a grade of C or higher
- English 100* with a grade of C or higher
- English 200* with a grade of C or higher
- Speech 106* with a grade of C or higher
- Biology 198*
- Physical Science and Lab
- Proof of English proficiency
- ACT 22 or higher or passing PPST scores (172-Math, 172-Writing, 173-Reading)
*These are the course numbers at Kansas State, if you think you have taken a comparable course at another institution, check out the transfer equivalency guide to see if it will transfer to K-State as the above listed course.
Don’t Meet the Above Prerequisites?
K-State and Barton County Community College (Barton) have teamed up to offer students the opportunity to earn their Early Childhood Education BS degree. Barton offers the first two years of coursework, including all of the above required courses. They have online courses available, making it possible for you to keep employment while working toward your bachelor’s degree.
Both K-State and Barton have worked together to develop a seamless articulation agreement – meaning college credits earned at Barton will easily transfer to K-State. This will ensure that you are taking courses that apply to your degree. Contact Barton today to get started.