The K-State College of Education through the Division of Continuing Education offers special courses for a variety of audiences including educators, students, higher education professionals, and nonprofit organizations are offered from time to time by K-State’s College of Education. Following is a list of courses that are regularly offered with new opportunities added periodically.
- Fundamentals of Program Evaluation – This course is for those who are preparing for or are in positions where accountability of programming is expected .
- Grant Writing – a course for educators and individuals in nonprofit organizations and businesses who are writing and applying for grants. Offered in the fall term.
- Healthful and Safe College Life – a course for students who are preparing for college and for college students who want to increase their knowledge of healthful practices while in college.
- Mathematics Education – This set of courses provides training in pedogogy and the Common Core Standards for the K-12 teachers. A flier is available for you to print and share with others.
- A NON-CREDIT module, Developing Essential Understanding of Rational Numbers, is available for K-6 grade teachers to learn about Common Core Standards for Mathematics.
- Praxis Exam Preparation - online preparatory courses offered in the Spring term to prepare middle and high school teachers for the Kansas Department of Education praxis exams in Chemistry, Middle-School Mathematics, and Physics. A NON-CREDIT option is available for Middle School Mathematics.
- Stress Management – a course offered for students and working professionals to learn to manage all that life deals.
- SVS High School Spanish – meets the need of school districts that are without a foreign language teacher. Led by a certified Spanish teacher, SVS offers full-year SP I and SP II courses using DVD lessons and interactive communication practice.
- Teaching Civics and Government - Courses that correspond to the Center for Civic Education’s We the People curriculum and the National Standards for Civics and Government.