Required Courses (15 credit hours)
- EDCI 720 – ESL/Dual Language Methods (3 credits)
- EDCI 731 – ESL/Dual Language Linguistics (3 credits)
- EDCI 740 – Culture and Language in Classroom Practice (3 credits)
- EDCI 742 – ESL/Dual Language Assessment (3 credits)
- EDCI 745 – ESL/Dual Language Elementary Practicum (3 credits)
- EDCI 746 – ESL/Dual Language Secondary Practicum (3 credits)
Course descriptions can be viewed in the Graduate Catalog.
The ESL courses use curricula aligned to the following national standards and benchmarks:
- Common Core State Standards
- TESOL/NCATE Standards for P-12 Teacher Education Programs
- Center for Research on Education, Diversity and Excellence
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Response to Intervention
- Multi-Tier System of Supports
Upon completion of the curriculum for the English as a second language endorsement program, individuals must apply for endorsement credentials. For more information about licensing and endorsement programs, visit the College of Education’s License Application Information webpage.