Required Courses (15 credit hours)
- EDCI 720 – ESL/Dual Language Methods (3 credits)
- EDCI 731 – ESL/Dual Language Linguistics (3 credits)
- EDCI 740 – Culture and Language in Classroom Practice (3 credits)
- EDCI 742 – ESL/Dual Language Assessment (3 credits)
- EDCI 745 – ESL/Dual Language Elementary Practicum (3 credits)
- EDCI 746 – ESL/Dual Language Secondary Practicum (3 credits)
Course descriptions can be viewed under Curriculum and Instruction, Section G6 in the Graduate Catalog.
The ESL courses use curricula aligned to the following national standards and benchmarks:
- Common Core State Standards
- TESOL/NCATE Standards for P-12 Teacher Education Programs
- Center for Research on Education, Diversity and Excellence
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Response to Intervention
- Multi-Tier System of Supports
Upon completion of the curriculum for the English as a second language endorsement program, individuals must apply for endorsement credentials. For more information about licensing and endorsement programs, visit the College of Education’s License Application Information webpage.