Professions in teaching and educational services make up the second largest industry in the United States and account for 13 million jobs with approximately half of those jobs being teaching positions.
Kansas State University College of Education is committed to offering opportunities for working professionals including:
- Educational service professionals
The College of Education offers programs through the Division of Continuing Education in convenient ways for working educational professionals:
- Master’s degree programs
- Certificate & endorsement programs
- Professional development and conferences for K-12 teachers, higher education professionals, adult educators, and persons seeking formal leadership positions.
Many opportunities are available through online distance education, short courses offered in Manhattan and other locations, and conferences.
Online Graduates Share Their Experiences
Three graduates from the online Master of Science in Adult and Continuing Education program have shared their experiences with online learning in the following video series. The series provides a first-hand look into the fears and challenges they faced, as well as the strategies they learned to be successful.
- Online Learning Talk Series 1/4: First Online Learning Experience
- Online Learning Talk Series 2/4: Challenges and Strategies of Online Learning
- Online Learning Talk Series 3/4: Strategies for Joining Online Discussion
- Online Learning Talk Series 4/4: Strategies for Online Group Assignment
K-State and College of Education Accreditations
Kansas State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools 30 N. LaSalle St. Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602.
The Professional Education Unit at Kansas State University is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Kansas State Department of Education (KSDE).
The Counseling Education program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Programs (CACREP).