Drops and Withdrawals
Deadline Dates for Drops and Refunds
Students dropping a class must do so through iSIS. Sign in to iSIS and click on your “
Student Center.” Click "Drop a Class" and follow the steps described. (If you are dropping your last class or only, see "withdrawals" above.)
All drop deadlines are calculated based on the number of calendar days in the class. The following policies apply:
- A student may drop a class prior to 33% of the class duration without a grade being recorded on the student’s transcript.
- If a student drops after 33% but before 62% of the class duration, a grade of W will be issued.
- No drops will be accepted after 62% of the course duration.
Failure to drop a class may result in a failing grade.
Tuition refunds are calculated based on the number of calendar days in the class. You may be eligible for a full or partial refund of tuition if you choose to drop your class before a certain date.
- Students may receive a 100% tuition refund* if the class is dropped prior to 17.36% of the class duration, or if the class is canceled.
- Students may receive a 50% tuition refund* if the class is dropped on or before 23.15% of the class duration.
- No refund is available after 23.15% of the class duration.
*Non-Refundable Fees: All College of Business Administration distance education classes include a $200 fee which is non-refundable after 17.36% of the class duration. In addition, special handling fees for late enrollment, licensing fees, program deposits, shipping costs, return check charges, and some college/departmental support fees are non-refundable.
Some professional programs and short classes have unique refund policies that will be published in the program announcement. Distance classes and programs taken for non-credit follow the above refund policies unless otherwise stated in the published class/program announcement.
Students wishing to change their class level, called "Career" in iSIS, from undergraduate credit to graduate or vice versa must complete the Special Enrollment Access Request Form and send email to the Graduate School (firstname.lastname@example.org) explaining their request. The Graduate School will assist with this change.
Students wishing to change the number of credit hours (units) for a class in which they are enrolled may do so through the "Edit a Class" feature in their iSIS Student Center. See "Change a Class Variable" for instructions. For assistance, contact your Dean’s Office.
Grading Option Changes
Students wishing to change their grading option from letter grade to A-Pass-Fail or vice versa may do so through the "Edit a Class" feature in their iSIS Student Center. See "Change the Grading Option for a Class" for instructions. For assistance, contact your Dean’s Office.