In addition to informative lectures and hands-on laboratories, numerous social events are planned during the workshop. Informal, optional dinner meetings may be arranged. Due to hot weather, casual dress during the workshop and at workshop events is recommended. You may wish to wear coats and ties/dresses to the banquets.
The following social events are planned during the workshop (shuttle service is available for events not held at the Clarion):
- Friday, September 9 - Workshop and Mini-Symposium Opening Banquet at the Clarion. A wine and cheese reception will precede the banquet. Menu features great Kansas beef. Suggested attire: coat and tie or dress
- Saturday, September 10 – Bison Bus Tour at Konza Prairie
- Sunday, September 11 - Dinner at Della Voce - Mediterranean Food and Jazz music
- Monday, September 12 - Optional dinner at Bamboo Buffet
- Tuesday, September 13 - Workshop Picnic at Tuttle Creek State Lake. Food, music, games and door prizes for all!
- Wednesday, September 14 - Farewell banquet (country western theme) at the Clarion. The evening before the final day of the workshop will feature finger foods, fun, and fellowship.
Spouses are welcome to attend social events at no charge, with the exception of ticketed events listed below.
- Friday, September 9 - Opening Banquet - Cost: $35 per guest