- Provide the participants with much of the knowledge that they would obtain by longer experience in the industry - often through the agony of costly mistakes.
- Provide a thorough technical grounding in topics crucial to industrial refrigeration.
- Benefit from the experience of a group of industry experts.
- Learn of the latest research and development pertinent to industrial refrigeration.
Topics to be Covered
- Refrigerant properties
- Single- and two-stage refrigeration cycles
- Load calculations
- Construction of refrigerated buildings
- Liquid recirculation systems
- Reciprocating and screw compressors
- Performance and selection of evaporator coils
- Energy conservation
- Vessel sizing
- Liquid pumps
- Pipe sizing
- Control of both halocarbon and ammonia systems
A thread that will extend through the week is the design of a two-stage ammonia liquid recirculation system serving a food distribution center. Refrigeration equipment and systems used in this facility are typical of a wide variety of applications.