Annual Meeting 2014
Surviving the Data Deluge: Computation, Storage, Networks and People
May 28 - May 30, 2014
The Annual Meeting of the Great Plains Network and Greater Western Library Alliance brings together knowledge and information technology professionals including advanced network and Cyberinfrastructure users, faculty members, researchers, librarians, information technology staff and graduate students from leading universities, and higher education networks.
Highlights for 2014
- Spacious New Venue: The InterContinental Hotel, Kansas City Plaza
- Big Data Summit II - Data: The Heart of Scholarship (Wednesday, May 28)
- Opening Exhibitor Preview on Wednesday Evening (May 28)
- Gala Poolside Reception on Thursday Evening (May 29)
- Expanded No-Conflict Time with Exhibitors
Back by Popular Demand
- Panel Sessions
- Birds of a Feather Sessions on Emerging Topics of Interest
- Poster Session
- CIO Forum
Intercontinental Kansas City – Plaza, Kansas City, Missouri
The Intercontinental Kansas City - Plaza in Kansas City, MO, offers an intimate, comfortable, and collegial setting for this year’s Annual Meeting and also offers attractions that bring members to KC from all over the Midwest.
Who should attend?
- Great Plains Network members (check here)
- Greater Western Library Alliance members (check here)
- University and corporate non-members who are interested in advanced cyberinfrastructure, network technology, high performance computing, data stewardship, curation and/or advancing education and training in advanced technologies.
- Anyone who is interested in joining the Great Plains Network or the Greater Western Library Alliance
The Great Plains Network (GPN) is a consortium of universities in the Midwest, dedicated to supporting research and education through the use of advanced cyberinfrastructure.Become a Great Plains Network member.
The Greater Western Library Alliance (GWLA) is a consortium of 33 research libraries located in the central and western United States. GWLA is a dynamic, effective, project-oriented consortium, nationally recognized as a leader in the transformation of scholarly communication, and a facilitator in the application of new information technologies.Become a GWLA member.