Proposal Selection Criteria
A limited number of proposals will be selected for presentation. A review committee selects proposals based on the following criteria:
- Clear and concise description of the presentation
- Relevance of the topic to chairpersons
- Evidence that the presentation will be of value to the audience, e.g., personal experience, research, knowledge of the literature
- Points the presentation will make to chairpersons
- Practical recommendations that will be made to academic chairpersons
- Appropriate scope and focus for session type selected and time allotted
- Description of interactive activities that will be incorporated into the session (workshops)
- Applicability of presentation to multiple disciplines and variety of institutional sizes
The selection committee reserves the right to edit abstracts and titles for the conference materials and may request a change in presentation type to fit program needs. Visit our How to Submit a Proposal page for a checklist of what you need before beginning your online submission.
A printer-friendly version of the Call for Proposals information can be downloaded here.
Timeline for Presentations
Proposals due - Monday, July 16, 2012
Notification of acceptance – Monday, August 13, 2012
Paper for proceedings submitted – Friday, February 15, 2013 (one week after the conference)
If your proposal is accepted for a presentation at the conference, you are strongly encouraged to submit handouts and/or PowerPoint file(s) to post on the conference website. The presenter contributions will remain online as part of the conference materials after the conference.
Accepted presenters may also submit a full paper for inclusion in the Academic Chairpersons Proceedings. Papers should be submitted electronically to Kathryn Harth, firstname.lastname@example.org.