29th Annual Academic Chairpersons Conference
The purpose of this year's conference was sharing successful, innovative ideas and strategies to assist each other in becoming more effective academic chairpersons, administrators, and faculty members. Popular workshop topics included preventing and dealing with conflict, time management, department transformations, and dealing with resistance.
Save the Date:
Please mark your calendars for the 30th Annual Academic Chairpersons Conference February 7-8, 2013, at the Hyatt Regency in San Antonio, TX.
- 27 universities were represented by team of three or more
- 184 colleges and universities sent faculty, staff, and administrators to the conference
- 385 participants registered for the conference
- 45 states, Canada, and the Bahamas were represented
- 43 workshops, panel discussions, paper presentations, or roundtable discussions were presented at this year's conference
Institution Size Statistics:
- 1,500 or less…………5%
- 1,500 – 3,000……….13%
- 3,000 – 6,000……….17%
- 6,000 – 10.000……….18%
- 10,000 or more……….40%
No response was given by 7% of conference attendees.
Presenters for this conference come from a variety of universities throughout the United States and beyond. View this animated map to see where our presenters are from.