Information for Invited Presenters
You have been selected as a presenter for K-State's 28th Annual Academic Chairpersons Conference because of your successful and unique experiences as a department administrator. Your innovative ideas and leadership strategies have been recognized and you now have the opportunity to share those best practices with colleagues from around the nation.
The guidelines provided will assist you in preparing for your presentation at the conference. Many of the recommendations are based on participant feedback from past conferences.
The goal of the conference is to provide attendees with practical, usable information that can be taken back and applied on campuses around the nation. The conference provides a climate of open dialogue and offers ample time for networking.
As a presenter, please keep in mind that attendees are from many disciplines and various institutional sizes. We encourage you to plan your presentation with a broad audience in mind.
We appreciate your contributions and we are here to assist you and answer questions as needed.
- General Presentation Information (PDF)
- Audio/Visual Recommendations (PDF)
- Preparing and Submitting your PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
- Checklist for preparing your paper for publication (PDF)
- Sample Proceedings paper (PDF)
- Important Handout Information (PDF)
- Map of Hotel (PDF)
Important Dates to Remember
- September 17 – Verification checklist due (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- January 7 – Hotel reservations due
- January 21
- Powerpoint presentations due (email@example.com)
- Handouts due for web posting (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You are still responsible for duplication of handouts to distribute during your session. We recommend 50 copies for this purpose, 20 for roundtable discussions. Extra handouts will be placed on a table near the registration area for other attendees to access.
- Registration fee due
- February 10-11 – Paper due for proceedings