28th Annual Academic Chairpersons Conference
Transforming Higher Education: The Department Chair’s Role
Engaging in a thoughtful and creative discourse about the department's role in Transforming Higher Education was the purpose of the 28th Annual Academic Chairpersons Conference in Orlando, FL. Popular workshop topics included dealing with difficult colleagues, decision making in leadership, understanding today's students, and changing technology for networking and the classroom.
When asked what was most valuable about the conference, one participant said, "Strengthening personal as well as professional connections among chairs within and outside scope of responsibility at the university. As a dean, this conference enables me to better understand the issues chairs are currently struggling with within my university and on a national level."
- 368 people attended the conference. View the Participant Listing
- 42 states and three Canadian provinces were represented
- 172 campuses sent faculty to be a part of the conference
- Program Book and Final Schedule
- Evaluations are showing that half of our attendees come to the conference because of a colleague's suggestion—so spread the word!
Please mark your calendars for the 29th Academic Chairpersons Conference February 9-10, 2012, at the Florida Hotel and Conference Center in Orlando, FL.
Call for Proposals Opens : March 2011
Submission Deadline: June 30, 2011
Notification Date: August 12, 2011