Faculty Services Coordinator
Division of Continuing Education
Student and Faculty Services
Faculty Services and Student Assessment
This position is essential to the day-to-day and semester-to-semester operation of the Student and Faculty Services unit ensuring that students receive exams, course materials, information, and proctoring services in a timely manner. In addition, this position ensures communication with faculty regarding course needs is complete and accurate and that courses are administered as requested.
This position will be tasked to think creatively and explore new avenues and methods of providing secure and functional student exams as well as new services to help faculty administer distance education courses.
This position serves as a member of the SFS team and committees within DCE and Kansas State University as requested.
This position reports to the Director of Student and Faculty Services in the Division of Continuing Education.
Distance Examination Coordination – 40%
- Coordinates and administers electronic and paper exams for all proctored distance education courses
- Administers database containing all information for examinations/assignments.
- Tracks all examinations and assignments as they cycle from instructor to Student and Faculty Services unit to proctor and student and then back to campus and on to instructor for grading.
- Maintains confidentiality of all exam materials
- Maintains individual student records indicating each step of the process, being prepared at all times to answer questions from students and faculty.
- Reviews, verifies and monitors approximately 3,500 proctor agreements annually in order to determine acceptability of proctor to maintain the integrity of the testing process.
- Maintains proctor information in SFS database to facilitate communication between coordinator, proctor, faculty and student as needed.
- Schedules and administers examinations taken in the onsite exam room, serving as onsite proctor, monitoring exam time and ensuring exam security.
- Follows University procedures when an honor code violation is suspected. Maintains records of all written and verbal correspondence, and assists with honor violation cases as needed.
Faculty Services – 30%
- Works closely with DCE coordinators and KSU faculty to ensure accurate administration of examinations and assignments.
- Administers the Student and Faculty Services checklist and follows-up with faculty members for each course to ensure SFS has received accurate course administration information.
- Maintains leadership role when working with faculty to ensure examinations are provided to the Student and Faculty Services unit in a timely manner.
- Maintains inventory of exams on file and obtains missing examinations when necessary.
- Works with the EIS project coordinator, DCE program coordinators, and faculty to make changes to the EIS checklist to ensure that it collects and provides the necessary information for successful administration of each online course.
- Communicates with KSU faculty to discuss services offered by SFS and encourage them to use the services.
- Develops new faculty services in order to better serve KSU faculty teaching online courses.
- Works to provide resources to faculty to help transition course materials, including exams, to an online format to meet the needs of distance students.
- Creates and administers faculty services satisfaction survey. Interprets results from survey and works with SFS director and academic coordinators to determine future needs based on the survey results.
- Exercises discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information such as assignments and/or course grades.
Office Management – 10%
- Works independently to review and implement technological and procedural changes to work processes consulting with Student and Faculty Services director to ensure consistent communication of the processes to the entire unit.
- Monitors and responds to emails received through firstname.lastname@example.org email account to assure accurate information exchange with current distance students regarding exams and course materials.
- Responsible for opening and closing Student and Faculty Services 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Maintains close working relationships with the K-State community including faculty, DCE coordinators, DCE Registration Office staff and various campus offices to provide efficient service to students and faculty.
- Creates a monthly written report regarding use of services by students and faculty.
- Provides input to supervisor regarding unit annual budget.
Supervisory – 10%
- Supervises 1-2 student assistants, delegates work to student employees, and checks delegated work to assure accuracy and timeliness.
- Strives to raise student employee’s professionalism by teaching proper office procedures and introducing policies and practices pertaining to the University, DCE and Student and Faculty Services unit.
- Serves as backup for scheduling SFS student work schedules and submission of student time documents verifying time reported is correct.
Student Services – 5%
- Works with Student and Faculty Services coordinator to provide services and input on special projects related to student services for DCE students.
- Works as a SFS team member to provide seamless service to all students, faculty and staff
Administrative Support – 5%
- Provides secondary administrative assistance to the Student and Faculty Services director by scheduling meetings, organizing office calendar, preparing materials and correspondence for daily activities in the absence of the SFS Administrative Specialist.
- Analyzes office procedures and systems in order to devise and implement modifications for ongoing improvements to the functions of the office.
- Serves as the backup for the main point of contact for all students, faculty and staff which includes answering 16 incoming telephone lines, serving as backup in overseeing three voicemail accounts and ensuring that all telephone messages left after hours of operation are returned within one business day.
- Serves as backup in overseeing main office email account
- Provides support to the division through participation in DCE team goal initiatives pertaining to SFS.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven record of organizational and administrative experience.
- Strong interpersonal and team work skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in diverse and changing environments.
- Well-developed computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, detail oriented, and ability to prioritize work.
- Demonstrated dependability and customer service experience.
- Ability to understand, interpret and implement policy and procedures and to problem solve effectively.
- Ability to work with a diverse clientele and to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong facilitation and/or coordination skills.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience working in higher education environment.
- Familiarity with educational student services to include exam proctoring.
- Experience with learning management systems, online survey systems, electronic calendaring systems, and web-based customer relations management programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of distance education.
- Leadership and supervisory experience.
To apply, send:
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications and skills related to the position
- Resume or curriculum vita listing education and employment history
- Four professional references including name, address, phone number (cell number if appropriate) and e-mail address
Send via e-mail to: Theresa Taylor, email@example.com and/or
Send via postal mail:
Faculty Services and Student Assessment Coordinator
Kansas State University
Division of Continuing Education
1615 Anderson Avenue, Ste. 101
Manhattan, KS 66502-4098
Screening of applicants will begin February 15, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer. Background check required.