Program Coordinator, UFM Community Learning Center
Division of Continuing Education
UFM Recreational Credit Courses: College of Arts and Sciences and Human Ecology
This position facilitates the coordination and delivery of university credit courses and programs in cooperation with several departments at Kansas State University. This position reports to the Executive Director of UFM Community Learning Center.
This position is expected to work with departmental faculty to develop, maintain, and oversee courses and programs that enhance the experiential learning environment for K-State students.
Manage Recreational Credit Courses (30%)
- Recruit instructors, negotiate instructor contracts, assist creating the class syllabus, and coordinate departmental approvals.
- Initiate and coordinate class scheduling on university student and course information systems.
- Coordinate course location reservations.
- Monitor enrollments and adjust as needed for both credit and non-credit classes.
- Monitor course syllabi to be sure they are updated and have measurable outcomes.
- Monitor mid-term student reports and end of course grade entry.
- Initiate instructor invoice; request instructor payment, department fee payment and maintain budget supervision.
- Ensure that grades are submitted in a timely manner.
- Prepare semester reporting to be submitted to the UFM Director and create spreadsheet for department fee transfer request.
- Develop a strategic plan to include goals for number of classes to be offered.
Marketing UFM Programs (30%)
- Develop and implement an annual marketing plan for UFM credit programs.
- Develop a marketing plan using print, email, and social media.
- Maintain positive contact with K-State faculty and departments offering recreational credit courses. Develop strong relationships and communication to meet all needs and concerns.
- Develop and edit promotional materials, news releases, and advertisements for featured courses and programs as requested.
- Attend campus and community events and staff UFM exhibits to promote UFM Educational Programs.
Assist K-State students with enrollment issues and class information (25%)
- Communicate with students and advisors about availability of credit classes.
- Assist and grant instructor permission in university student information system and help with other class enrollment problems.
- Communicate with DCE staff for university student information system, course information system and learning management system needs and issues.
- Serve as contact person to work with student advisors to assist with enrollment issues.
Technical Assistance to Instructors (5%)
- Create and maintain credit classes on university learning management system.
- Assist instructors with learning management system and student information system problems.
- Assist with roster verifications and grade submission on student information system.
- Monitor and request class information changes as needed in student information system.
- Ensure that TEvals are completed for all classes.
- Participate in budgeting meetings with the UFM Director as requested.
- Responsibly manage financial aspects of assigned programs/courses while meeting DCE goal of contributed revenue.
- Monitor and report programmatic changes that impact the established Recreational Credit Course Program budget.
- Coordinate with the UFM Director and DCE Administration and Finance Office for the transfer of funds to the appropriate college and/or department.
- Provide detailed reports on enrollments and the division of class fees to the UFM Director upon request.
- Process all payment of invoices in a timely manner.
UFM/Division/University Responsibility (5%)
- Complete annual UFM/DCE goals as assigned.
- Maintain an organized and professional office environment.
- Participate in UFM and DCE professional development.
- Participate in campus programming related to student needs, retention or student services, diversity events, leadership programs, and other campus programs that would expand knowledge.
- Contribute information about assigned programs for inclusion in publicity efforts.
- Participate in community activities and participate in at least one community collaborative organization to enhance UFM community networking.
- Serve as contact person for communication about credit classes with DCE and university staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Two (2) years’ experience working in higher education or other relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proven record of organizational and administrative skills including the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated experience in development of educational programs.
- Experience writing course performance objectives with measurable outcomes.
- Master’s Degree.
- Five (5) years’ experience working in higher education or relevant experience.
- Leadership and supervisory experience.
- Experience working with online course management, student management, and learning management systems.
- Knowledgeable of marketing including experience working with social media and video marketing for educational purposes.
- Background in teaching with technology.
Salary range: $35,000 - $38,000
To apply, send:
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications and skills related to the position
- Resume or curriculum vita listing education and employment history
- Four professional references including name, address, phone number (cell number if appropriate) and e-mail address
Send via e-mail to: Marla Wood, email@example.com
Send via postal mail:
UFM Program Coordinator Search Committee
Kansas State University
Division of Continuing Education
1615 Anderson Avenue, Ste. 111
Manhattan, KS 66502-4098
Screening of applicants will begin November 7, 2012 and will continue until the position is filled.
Successful applicant to begin work January 6, 2013.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer. Background check required.